TAX, ESTATE PLANNING AND THE WORLD ECONOMY
NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA, USA
On behalf of the board members of the Society of Estate & Trust Practitioners Orange County, I would like to personally invite you to our 9th Annual Institute.
We have been hard at work to plan this year’s institute incorporating the best our industries have to offer. We strive to keep you abreast of the ongoing developments and how they may affect you, foster professional relationships, while also having an enjoyable few days in one of the most beautiful locations in the world.
As practitioners, we are facing an array of new changes and challenges. These changes will impact each of our industries, whether legal, accounting, fiduciary, insurance or wealth management. As advisors, we need to understand how these changes may impact our recommendations, and our businesses.
Join us as we hear from national experts providing the latest timely information and advanced planning strategies that you need to provide cutting edge recommendations, as well as adjust our businesses by turning these new challenges into opportunities.
STEP Orange County Chair
- Hot Topics - 2020 Estate, Gift and GST updates
- Tax planning strategies for irrevocable trusts
- Transfer strategies for unusual and hard-to-value assets
- Addressing the uncertainty of Social Security’s future viability
- Considerations in the domestication of foreign trusts
- Selecting the appropriate trustee to match your grantors’ needs and values
- How tax reform has changed planning with life insurance assets
- Income tax traps inherent in sub-trust funding
- Planning for the transfer or sale of diversified real estate assets
- Settling estates with complex family partnership assets
- How changing family structures and generational attributes will change estate planning
|Early rate before November 30, 2019||$700||$900|
- Patricia Wass, Previous Chair, STEP Worldwide
- Tom Monaghan, CPA, MST, TEP - Windes
- Brent Nelson, JD, LLM, TEP - Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
- Carsten Hoffman, ASA, TEP - Stout Risius Ross